Things to Improve Your Emotional Wellbeing
- Smile! It really does make you feel better.
- Smile at someone, and wish them a good day. Making them feel better
will make you feel better.
- Get a pet.
Having a pet has been shown to improve a person's mood.
to letting animals improve your life, you could help improve theirs.
Olyn Warfield champions preventing animal abuse.
She has written a children's book "Omar Blue and K-9 Town". See her
blog. Olyn and her daughter do readings
at facilities for children and adults with special needs. They also visit
senior centers and nursing homes.
- Volunteer. There are always people worse off than you. Helping others helps
you appreciate what you have.
Margot Finke maintains a blog called Hook Kids on Reading, which
includes "Random Acts of Publicity" where authors help each other promote books.
- Add a touch of luxury to your surroundings. Drink your coffee or tea from a
china cup. Light some candles. Put flowers on the table for dinner.
- Get some houseplants. Studies show that having growing things around you
- Exercise. It releases endorphins, which will make you feel better.
- Take time to pamper yourself. Get a massage. Watch a movie. Read a book.
Take a bubble bath.